You expect your kids to do their part and clean up their rooms, right? Shouldn’t we expect the same for big polluters--to clean up their mess in our communities? It’s time to enforce the laws we already have on our books by holding big fossil fuel polluters accountable. By making polluters pay, we can produce more clean energy, create more jobs in our communities and build a healthy future for our families.
Join CoolMom next Tuesday, along with Washington State’s coalition of community organizations, businesses, labor unions, and environmental organizations in one of the biggest hearings of the year. For this rally to be a success we need YOU to show up in support so that we can demonstrate that our entire community backs this effort. Please join us. Make it a family affair and bring your kids too!
Date/ Time: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 @ 11 a.m.
Location: The Washington Room (Pritchard Building in Olympia, Washington)
Tell us if you are going to attend by responding to email@example.com.
CoolMom is delighted to announce that after a thoughtful search we have selected Cheri Cornell as CoolMom’s executive director. Cheri stepped into her new role in November 2014 and has already created a new level of enthusiasm for CoolMom’s vision and mission--in and outside of our organization.
Cheri has worked as a legislative aide to Senator Daniel J. Evans, and has been steeped in political and public interest campaigns ever since. As a lawyer, she litigated large Superfund cases. Cheri has participated in all levels of non-profit work: employee, board member, board president and fundraising. As a mom, she strongly believes that introducing sustainability at home and in our communities is the surest way to make our kids into good environmental stewards.
"I’m an environmental lawyer, a progressive policy enthusiast, a fundraiser and a mom. It all comes together for me here at CoolMom. Other climate activists are uniformly thrilled that CoolMom can deliver moms’ and families’ voices in support of smart climate policy. My mom friends routinely say, 'it’s about time,' when I tell them of the everyday ways (car seat recycling, for example) in which CoolMom helps families practice sustainability at home. This universal excitement over CoolMom energizes me." -Cheri Cornell
Learn more about Cheri here.
Just in time for 2015 legislative session, a new resource for environmental advocates is now available to help communicate effective, values-based messaging on climate change: Climate Solutions for a Stronger America: A Guide to Engaging and Winning on Climate and Clean Energy, was developed by Breakthrough Strategies and Solutions, as a guide based in original in-depth national research and expert input. Enjoy and please pass it on to your environmental social circles working for change.
Helping CoolMom over the holidays is easy when you shop at Amazon:
1) Bookmark smile.amazon.com
2) Select CoolMom as your org of choice
3) Use AmazonSmile every time you shop Amazon.com and share with your friends: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-8763972
- Vote YES for Seattle Transit, Prop 1, listed at the bottom of your ballot! Vote early to be certain your vote is counted, or at least vote by November 4th.
- Locate your nearest ballot dropbox location.
- Print out a replacement ballot.
- Track your ballot here!
- Sun, Nov 2nd: Brunch Bank!!! 11 to 2pm (TCC)
- Mon, Nov 3rd: All DAY phone bank 11 to 5pm, 5:30 to 8pm(TCC)
- Tues, Nov 4th: All DAY phone bank, 11 to 4pm (TCC)
- ** Election Night! They will be celebrating all of your hard work and watching the returns together at the Comet on Capitol Hill. The Comet is at 922 E Pike St and we will begin gathering around 7pm.