April 28-Think Outside the Car Event
Think Outside the Car (TOC) is working closely with four elementary schools in West Seattle: Arbor Heights, Gatewood, Lafayette and Pathfinder. We are helping these schools reduce air pollution and carbon emissions by building Walking School Buses, Bike Programs and No-Idle Campaigns at their schools. The project, funded in part by a Neighborhood Matching Fund award of Seattle Department of Neighborhoods, supports parent and student volunteers in creating these exciting new programs through fiscal sponsorship, materials and supplies, and planning.
To get the word out and get the community involved West Seattle CoolMom and TOC Steering Committee is having an event April 28th from 10 am to 2pm at Westside School located on 34th and Holden Street.
Date: Saturday, April 28th
Time: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Location: Westside School Play ground on North Side of building, 34th and Holden Street
Please consider biking, walking or busing it to the event. Bus routes servicing this area are here. There will be a West Seattle Spokespeople ride starting at 9:30 am at Lincoln Park across from Kenyon Street. Get your morning coffee and donut to start your day!
- Cascade Bicycle Club's Bike Rodeo for kids ages 2 to 10 years
- Bike Works demos- Bike Works will be collecting donated bikes and will perform 'how tos' for those novice bike riders
- Bike Parade- kids will decorate their own bikes or make a Walking School Bus Vest at the event and ride or walk in one of the parades (11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.)
- Bean Bag Toss- toss a bean bag into our cut out Walking School Bus and win a button
- Raffle drawing- announced at 1 p.m.
- Undriver Licensing Station -create your very own Undriver License
- Live music from BottleRockit
- Delicious food sold by Lumpia World and Athena's
Come on out to Westside School for our Kick Off event for Think Outside the Car. It's going to be a great time!
Thank you to our Sponsors
To learn more about Think Outside the Car and how you can get involved go here.